We are a proudly owned family business who have a deep fascination with the building and its place in Randwick from when it was Australia’s largest city in the 1800s.
Randwick Lodge was first purchased by Judge Thomas Callaghan on the 16th of December 1853.
From 1895 to 1898 The Lurline was used as a house and Post office before the present Post Office in Randwick was opened.
On the 20th of June 1890, three allotments in Avoca Street and 22 allotments in Mears Avenue were advertised for sale. The entire subdivision was conveyed to Eliza Milford Callaghan and Mary Milford Jones, widow and daughter of Thomas Callaghan.
The building in 1898 bears most significance to its current form. Prior to serving as boutique accommodation in Randwick, the property at this time comprised of two semi-detached mansions in the late Victorian style and constructed in that year.
In recognition of its historical significance, in 1988 the building was allocated protection under the Heritage Act to preserve and protect a significant heritage item in NSW.
On the 2nd of April 1999 it was placed on the State Heritage Register.